Icons rendering as blank?

Using SuperCard and the Runtime Editor... working with windows, backgrounds, cards and menus.

Icons rendering as blank?

Postby taroface » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm having some problems importing icns icons in 4.7.3, both directly within the Resource Manager and using the Icon Tool another user uploaded here. Although the icns files appear in the Data Fork list, they're completely blank (invisible) when viewing the Current Project view in the Icon Picker. Selecting one of these icons results in the 'blank page' icon being displayed.

In Icon Tool I'm able to preview the icon graphics just fine, but as soon as I use the Resource Manager to bring them into the Icon Tool data fork, those graphics disappear. Is something missing from my runtime editor...?
taroface

Re: Icons rendering as blank?

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Try using SuperEdit's 'Import Icon Family…' item in the File menu to import your .icns files to a new project. You can then use SuperEdit or the Runtime Editor's resource manager to copy them into your project.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby taroface » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Yay, that worked! My project isn't somehow corrupted, is it?
taroface

Postby Scott » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm

I doubt it, but you probably want to delete those originally imported icon resources if you haven't already done so.
Scott
Site Admin

Return to SuperCard Basics