Antialias graphics observations

Using SuperCard and the Runtime Editor... working with windows, backgrounds, cards and menus.

Antialias graphics observations

Postby hodger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:59 pm

I've noticed a few oddities with the new antialias graphics feature.

- I have a card with overlapping draw graphics with various ink settings. The intersections/overlaps don't render the same when comparing antialias on and antialias off.
- SuperEdit does not have an obvious option for setting the true/false of this new property.
- SuperEdit does not present the same effect as SuperCard when antialias is true.

Greg
hodger

Re: Antialias graphics observations

Postby codegreen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 am

hodger wrote:- I have a card with overlapping draw graphics with various ink settings. The intersections/overlaps don't render the same when comparing antialias on and antialias off.

Sadly that's not a bug. Quartz doesn't support most QuickDraw ink effects, and likely never will...

- SuperEdit does not have an obvious option for setting the true/false of this new property.
- SuperEdit does not present the same effect as SuperCard when antialias is true.

As of now I'm not planning on adding antialiased graphics to SE for this release. For a variety of reasons it would be a lot more difficult than adding it to the runtimes was, and odds are trying to squeeze it in at the last minute will only lead to grief.

-Mark
codegreen

Return to SuperCard Basics