SuperCard Startup Screen

Using SuperCard and the Runtime Editor... working with windows, backgrounds, cards and menus.

SuperCard Startup Screen

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 am

I spend all my time in SuperEdit, and just launch projects with the run command. I only launch the SuperCard app when I want to use on of the tools like SuperScript. Because of this I haven't seen the new startup screen until just now.

I'm sure this is a good thing for people new to SuperCard but a few things need to be fixed in my opinion. When you select New, it opens a new project, but the Runtime Editor doesn't open. Nor is there a menu item for loading the editor nor is there a preferences option to select whether or not the editor opens when a project opens.

Also, the cancel button quits SuperCard. As I said, I open SuperCard to use the tools, so this means I need to create a new empty project every time I want to use SuperScript. I would prefer that cancel just leaves you in SuperCard. Anyone who wants to get out of SC can still quit using the regular option int the SuperCard menu.
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: SuperCard Startup Screen

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Okay. SuperCard was reading my old preferences I guess. When I opened the Runtime Editor and changed my prefs to open the Runtime Editor every time I launch SC, the Startup Screen stopped showing up.

What would be the initial user experience for a new user of SC?
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: SuperCard Startup Screen

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 am

JoeKoomen2011 wrote:What would be the initial user experience for a new user of SC?

The default has always been to "Run Editor at Startup".
Scott
Site Admin

Return to SuperCard Basics