b30: Dragging the window size

Need help with a script? This is the place to discuss how to get your code running!

b30: Dragging the window size

Postby sctell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 am

When dragging the window size I have noted that if you get the circumstances correct when dragging to resize you can actually resize the window without holding the mouse button down. You hold the button down whilst dragging and then let go, sometimes the window keeps resizing.

Is this expected behaviour?

All the best

Terry
sctell

Re: b30: Dragging the window size

Postby codegreen » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:07 am

Since Apple's code is in control of this interaction, I'd have to guess the answer is yes...

-Mark
codegreen

Postby sctell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:45 am

codegreen wrote:Since Apple's code is in control of this interaction, I'd have to guess the answer is yes...

Must be a Carbon thing then because I can't get it to happen with the latest windows.

I presume these are still Carbon windows or is it called HiView or something similar?

I remember (I think) when I tried implementing Cocoa windows as overlays above SC's Carbon windows that I had terrible problems with mouseStillDown type events in the carbon/cocoa interface code.

You don't perhaps have a similar event situation going on in reading/getting events from Cocoa in your windows to create the resizeWindow message in SC?

I only ask because when redrawing/creating many objects in the resizeWindow message when dragging I cannot get the window to resize without the mouse down whereas with a less busy window I can get it to happen every time.

All the best

Terry
sctell

Postby codegreen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:02 am

You don't perhaps have a similar event situation going on in reading/getting events from Cocoa in your windows to create the resizeWindow message in SC?

Nope, straight Carbon windows with no overlays (except in SE, which uses overlay wds for the guides).

-Mark
codegreen

Return to Scripting in SuperTalk