Can a standalone allow blind typing?

Using Standalone Maker to build executables or delivering projects for use with the SuperCard Player? Discuss it here.

Can a standalone allow blind typing?

Postby drpitcairn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Can the standalone be set so either a message box can come up, or blind typing can be done? I am thinking if there is some problem for the user and occasional procedures need to be run. As tech support I could tell them to do something — either type in a code or to bring up the message box to enter into. What you think?
drpitcairn

Re: Can a standalone allow blind typing?

Postby Dan_Kelleher » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi Richard,
I think you could have an emergency window in the project with just an empty field into which the user could type.
Then have a script in the openProject handler that checks to see if the user has the cmd key held down during opening of the standalone.
If the cmd key is down because you have told them to do that, then the window with the field opens and the user types what you tell them to type.
Then a closeField handler in the field object could set the script of some button to the text of the field and the script could be executed by sending a click to the button ("click at the loc of btn myButton).

Would that accomplish what you want ?
-Dan
Daniel.Kelleher@umassmed.edu
SC4.7.3 OSX 10.7.2 Mac Pro
Dan_Kelleher

Postby drpitcairn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:49 pm

I think it would work though seems a little awkward. I assume then that the blind typing would not work in a standalone.
drpitcairn

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:03 am

While you can open the message box in a standalone, for security purposes, it is not hard wired to execute anything that is typed into it… so the concept of blindTyping does not really apply.

If you want to take a stab at executing the contents of the message box in a standalone take a look at the message and doAsMessage entries in the Language Guide.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby drpitcairn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 am

Looked at this. It would work to use doAsMessage for what was typed in the message box? Do I understand correctly? So the user could open the message box, type in a code which would activate a function or script?
drpitcairn

Return to Building Standalones