standalone-how to add menu item?

Using Standalone Maker to build executables or delivering projects for use with the SuperCard Player? Discuss it here.

standalone-how to add menu item?

Postby RandW » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

I have a project that copies and pastes a new card when a button is clicked.

on mouseup
domenu "copy card"
domenu "paste card"
end mouseup

This works fine when I use the project in Supercard. When I create a standalone however, the "domenu" commands do not seem to be available. I am told the menu item does not exist.

This needs to be a standalone that teachers can use. They do not have Supercard on their network so, I have to create a standalone.

How do I get these two items to become available in the standalone?

Thanks.
RandW

Re: standalone-how to add menu item?

Postby johnjohnston1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:15 pm

RandW wrote:I have a project that copies and pastes a new card when a button is clicked.

on mouseup
domenu "copy card"
domenu "paste card"
end mouseup

This works fine when I use the project in Supercard. When I create a standalone however, the "domenu" commands do not seem to be available. I am told the menu item does not exist.

This needs to be a standalone that teachers can use. They do not have Supercard on their network so, I have to create a standalone.

How do I get these two items to become available in the standalone?

Thanks.

Hi,
The domenu stuff is to deal with HyperCard stacks I think, you can do the same with:
Code: Select all
on mouseup
  copy card
  paste card
end mouseup

Or I *think* you could avoid the clipboard with new card with will just make a new card with the same background, then cloning any card objects and filling in any fields with a script.

cheers

john
johnjohnston1

Re: standalone-how to add menu item?

Postby RandW » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:47 am

Great. It works. Thanks.
RandW

Return to Building Standalones