Icon won't show!

Using Standalone Maker to build executables or delivering projects for use with the SuperCard Player? Discuss it here.

Icon won't show!

Postby drpitcairn » Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I am building a standalone and using an icon file ending in .icns. It will not show in the app after the build, just a generic icon. I have tried it several times with same results. I can use a different file ending in .icns, a file similar to the trouble one, and it shows up fine.
Back to the trouble app, showing generic, I can manually install the icon I want by using "get info" and pasting the icon on top of the generic one. Looks OK after that.

So questions are:
1. Why will one file not work properly? Any ideas?
2. Is adding it manually OK to do? Will it "stick"?

Thanks,
Richard
drpitcairn

Re: Icon won't show!

Postby Scott » Thu May 23, 2013 2:15 am

1.) Hard to know. What is different about the one that won't show?

2.) Yes. But not through get info. You'll need to place it in the resources directory of the app bundle, replacing the original. But that should be what SaM is already doing, so it still may not display properly.

Have you tried duplicating the app to see if it forces the Finder to redraw the icon?
Scott
Site Admin

Re: Icon won't show!

Postby drpitcairn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:57 pm

I worked some more with building icons. Converted a png to .icns with imag2icons app, and got it working but I think the critical factor was that the prior build was not in the same folder as the destination standalone. When I moved the prior build (with same icon) into another folder, then no further problem.
drpitcairn

Return to Building Standalones