Build not working

Using Standalone Maker to build executables or delivering projects for use with the SuperCard Player? Discuss it here.

Build not working

Postby drpitcairn » Wed May 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Last night I did about 5 builds with no problem. Today it will not work with same settings. The app that is built, when double-clicked, opens a navigation window with the words "where is the project you want?"
What is going on? I have tried building 3 times and cannot see any other way to do it.

Richard
drpitcairn

Cannot build at all!

Postby drpitcairn » Wed May 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Now it has gotten really strange. I can't build an app at all. I am attaching a picture of what the output is. The normal looking red icon on the left is from yesterday when I made several builds. The one on the right is what I am getting today and has a symbol on it showing it will not open.
Before this last attempt, I repaired the disk, repaired permissions, emptied caches — but has not made a difference. I can open the original SC file without an issue and the one yesterday opens and runs, so I am completely at a loss.

Richard
builds.png
Two built apps, left is from yesterday and OK, right is today's failure
builds.png (24.32 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
drpitcairn

Re: Cannot build at all!

Postby drpitcairn » Wed May 22, 2013 1:38 pm

I may have figured it out, though unexpected that this would be an issue. The SC file is called "Red Line" so of course the output is "Red Line.app". I did not want to overwrite the one from yesterday so I changed the name of that app to "Red Line, v 0.9" thinking the different name would allow a new file to be created. As I have described in these last posts, there was just cascading problems. Finally, I had the thought that the issue was this previously existing file, even though it had a different name, so I took it out of the folder and voilà now it works properly.
I am really surprised that SC is this fussy about creating more standalones but this might be the issue. If anyone knows the "rules" about this I would appreciate hearing more.

Richard
drpitcairn

Re: Cannot build at all!

Postby Scott » Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 pm

I think it is more likely that the problem is having an item delimiter in the application name.
Scott
Site Admin

Re: Build not working

Postby drpitcairn » Wed May 29, 2013 6:37 pm

You mean the comma? Can't do?
I can say since this last thought I posted, I have had not trouble if I put the prior build out of the folder. Then everything works fine.
drpitcairn

Return to Building Standalones