Issue with standalone window when CantModify is set to true

Using Standalone Maker to build executables or delivering projects for use with the SuperCard Player? Discuss it here.

Issue with standalone window when CantModify is set to true

Postby HairyHighlandCow » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to get my SC project to work with cantModify set to true when it is a standalone so I can eventually code-sign it. Everything is working fine except the main calendar window, which has a grid of fields for different views. This window is resizeable and the grid of fields resizes to fill the window, but once it has been resized in the standalone, all of the fields immediately jump back to their original width, height and position, as if they are returning to the original saved state of the SC project. Sometimes they also appear empty even if they had content before the resize. This doesn't seem to happen with another resizeable window which has fewer text fields in it. Is this a memory issue? I believe that when a project is in the cantModify state, any changes you make are only held in memory on the computer. If there is not enough memory to keep the current state of all the fields, will the original appearance of the fields be displayed?
This is a fairly large issue for my app, as if I can't keep the current state of the calendar view in memory then I can't run the standalone without needing to write data to the SC project within it.
Thanks,
Alec
Externals, projects and software made with SC:
www.hairyhighlandcow.net/software/SC-projects.html
HairyHighlandCow

Re: Issue with standalone window when CantModify is set to t

Postby codegreen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Alec,

I haven't seen this behavior. Could you send me a sample?

Thanks,
-Mark
codegreen

Postby HairyHighlandCow » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. Would the standalone be enough for you to look at or do you need the project too? The project is pretty big; I could try and replicate just the calendar window in another project and try to reproduce the resizing behaviour.

Thanks

Alec
HairyHighlandCow

Postby codegreen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 am

Sorry, I posted a reply yesterday but it seems to have disappeared.

The standalone should be fine, though anything you can do to simplify the test case will help...
codegreen

Postby HairyHighlandCow » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks Mark. I'm going to try and recreate the issue in a more simple standalone first. If I can I will share that with you, otherwise I will send you a link to the full app.
Cheers
Alec
HairyHighlandCow

Postby HairyHighlandCow » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Mark,
Apologies, I have just found the issue and I don't think there's any problem related to CantModify. I just need to tweak my window resizing code to deal with cantModify being true as it was jumping to another card at the end of a resize operation and performing a resize on that card, then jumping back to the first card.
Thanks,
Alec
HairyHighlandCow

Return to Building Standalones