standalone error

Using Standalone Maker to build executables or delivering projects for use with the SuperCard Player? Discuss it here.

standalone error

Postby haroldomauro » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:45 am

Hi, this is my first standalone. Background 1 has 8 cards. There is one specific button that when clicked, returns a "never heard of this function" error message. I checked it. The problem is the line of the script that has "sortFieldByItem". OK, but this error does not occur in the original file, nor does it occur when the SAME bg button is clicked on three of the eight cards of this bg. I get the error in five cards only. I have no idea why this happens. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Harold

BTW: the project is a World Cup Soccer table. You put in the scores and it figures out what teams will advance to the next phase and who plays who, all the way to the final game, all with flags, game dates, time and places. The original file works fine. Anyone interested can have it. Just let me know. hmauro@hmauro.com
haroldomauro

Re: standalone error

Postby sctell » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:40 am

Hi,

sortFieldByItem is an XFcn and probably needs installing into your standalone.

Have a read of the user guide I am sure all the relevant instructions will be there.

All the best

Terry
sctell

Postby haroldomauro » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:13 pm

If it is installed in the original project which the standalone was built from, why wouldn't it be installed in the standalone?
haroldomauro

Postby Scott » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:34 pm

A copy of it is installed in the shared file, so it would available to all projects run in SuperCard, but not to standalones or projects run in the Player.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby haroldomauro » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:47 pm

I got it. It explains why I get the "never heard of this handler..." error on card one. But there is no error on card two! If it was not installed the error should occur in all cards, right?
haroldomauro

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 am

Have you tried tracing the script from both cards to isolate what is different?
Scott
Site Admin

Return to Building Standalones