error 18 in standalone

Using Standalone Maker to build executables or delivering projects for use with the SuperCard Player? Discuss it here.

error 18 in standalone

Postby haroldomauro » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:35 am

I have 8 cards in a background. In each card there are 4 cd buttons each of which has a "on mouseWithin" handler that shows a field and put text in it; and a "on mouseLeave" that hides the field. Works fine in the source project. When I run the standalone, only card 1 buttons work as expected. On the remaining 7 cards, when the mouse is within the buttons, I get "SuperTalk Error Number 18: "Name must start with a letter, and may not contain spaces." So I built a scriptable standalone, checked, and this is what happened: the scripts were entirely gone, except for line 1 "on mouseWithin" - nothing else...nada! How could that happen? The scripts on card 1 were all there, but from card 2 to 8 all lines of the scripts were deleted except for the first. No errors on the source project, as I mentioned. Any ideas? Thank you.

Harold
haroldomauro

Re: error 18 in standalone

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Harold,

What version of SuperCard are you using? And on what version of Mac OS?
Scott
Site Admin

Postby haroldomauro » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Supercard 4.7.3
Mac OS 10.7.5
Thanks.
Harold
haroldomauro

Postby Scott » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:00 am

haroldomauro wrote:Supercard 4.7.3
Mac OS 10.7.5

Are you sure you're building these standalones with version 4.7.3 of the Player?
Scott
Site Admin

Postby haroldomauro » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 am

Pretty sure. I selected the the file "SuperCard 4.7 Player.app" which is inside folder "SuperCard Player 4.73"
The info for the player app says version 4.7.3 despite th "4.7" in the app's name. Should I re-install the player from the .dmg file inside the "Delivey Tools" folder?
Harold
haroldomauro

Postby haroldomauro » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:11 am

I think I figured it out! I got the errors every time I built using a Standalone Maker saved configuration. So I tried starting from scrap and it worked. Tried a few more times starting from saved Standalone Maker file (error), and from a new one (no error). Now, what is in the saved file that causes the vanishing scripts is something difficult for me to figure.

Harold
haroldomauro

Postby Scott » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:44 am

Not if you're sure, but perhaps it might be a good idea to put something in the standalone to return 'the version' just so you're certain.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby haroldomauro » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:56 am

It returned "SuperCard 4.73 Player". But I think I've solved the problem, as I explained in my previous post. I'd like to hear any comments you might have.
haroldomauro

Postby Scott » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:22 pm

haroldomauro wrote:I think I figured it out! I got the errors every time I built using a Standalone Maker saved configuration. So I tried starting from scrap and it worked. Tried a few more times starting from saved Standalone Maker file (error), and from a new one (no error). Now, what is in the saved file that causes the vanishing scripts is something difficult for me to figure.

Me too, as all that is in a config file are text strings of the various settings that are loaded into the various fields of SaM. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the config setting for the player was pointing to an older version still on your system someplace.
Scott
Site Admin

Return to Building Standalones