New Selection Weirdness

Questions regarding the Developer Edition's SuperEdit? This is the place!

New Selection Weirdness

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 pm

I edited a field in SuperEdit and saved. The field went black, which I thought was just a one-time glitch, but when I opened the window, the field was solid black.

Back in SuperEdit I noticed the empty graphic object below the field had a grid pattern in it, instead of the default tone. I reset colours and patterns for the field and graphics and everything looked fine. Just as a double-check I clicked each one once again and they switched back to the weird colours.

I made a movie so you can see it happen.
http://www.joekoomen.ca/sc/se-colour.mp4

I am now going to delete and recreate these objects to see it this is SE or possibly just corrupted images.

Joe
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: New Selection Weirdness

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Well, I think the field was corrupted somehow, because creating a new one with the same size, attributes and text fixed the changing colour.

The problem with the colour/pattern of graphic objects is related to the "N" colour selector. I can select any colour/pattern combination I want and they will stick. If I select "None" for colour/pattern, the next time I select the object, it snaps back to whatever the previous colour/pattern selection was.

Note that this only seems to happen if the graphic object has the border set to None too.
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: New Selection Weirdness

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:58 am

I am not seeing either of these behaviors. Can you copy that card to a new project, verify the behavior still exists, and then send it to us?
Scott
Site Admin

Return to SuperEditing