Angled Text

Questions regarding the Developer Edition's SuperEdit? This is the place!

Angled Text

Postby DougDenby » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:50 am

I would to angle some text, say about 15° or so. Is this possible in SuperEdit? How about in one of the SuperCard editors?

Doug
DougDenby

Re: Angled Text

Postby sctell » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 am

Hi,

You cannot have angled text in SC.

I did an external some time ago "rotateText" that returns the text rotated as an image.

Here is the readMe:
rotateText ReadMe.

put rotateText(@theText,tDegrees,@dstImageVar) into tInfo

Takes theText and draws it rotated tDegrees and returns the result in image dstImageVar which has been sized to accommodate the text.

The external requires theText to be in rtf and is only constrained by the rtf facilities for exporting text within SC.

See the example project for a typical script.

I have just removed it from my web site but can upload it here if you are interested.

Please let me know.
sctell

Postby DougDenby » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:52 am

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the offer. I would like to take you up on it. Is there a place where rotateText() could be downloaded from?

Doug
DougDenby

Postby sctell » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Doug,

The external can be found here.

http://forums.supercard.us/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1426
sctell

Postby DougDenby » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm

I have created a Supercard only palette that allows the creation of rotated, style, sized labels. A zipped copy has been placed in the Samples file area under the title "Label Maker (Palette)"

Decades ago, I had a little utility project from Adobe (I think it was called TextAlign) that allowed me to create labels and such on angles, arches and so on. That was wonderful, but long gone now. The palette I have designed is a long way from being as good as that utility, but it works for labels on straight lines at any angle, with any text of any font, of any size, of any style. And all done without the use of an extension. It is slow, but it works.

Using SuperEdit, copy the palette to your development project. Run the project. Open a card that you want to add some labels to. Open wd "Label Maker" and go to work.

Have fun, and if you find errors, let me know.

Doug Denby
DougDenby

Postby DougDenby » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:38 am

Just removed the first version of Label Maker and substituted Label Maker ver 1.1.

The new version is much faster doing rotations, which is probably the most important feature. Added a "P" button for plain text style. Added a Version Announcement, just in case another version appears.

Still plain Supercard with an Applescript call. :D

Doug
DougDenby

Return to SuperEditing