Moving menus?

Questions regarding the Developer Edition's SuperEdit? This is the place!

Moving menus?

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:21 pm

The User Manual says that SuperEdit can reorder menus but I can't see how to do it. Have tried all the key combinations I can think of. Any hints?
drpitcairn

Re: Moving menus?

Postby Lisa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 pm

When you open a project in SuperEdit, it shows a listing of the project's windows. To the left of the list is a gray strip with three icons. The top one is highlighted, that's for the window listing. Click on the one below that and the view will be changed to a list of the project's menus. You can select, cut, copy and paste these menus, just as you can with the windows listing.
iMac 24" 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.8, SC 4.7.3
Lisa

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:51 pm

That's what I did, exactly as you describe. But when I paste the menu in, it goes to the bottom of the list. I tried first selecting one of the menus higher in the list and then pasting, but it still goes to the bottom. Only thing I can think of to do would be a repetitive cutting and pasting to sort of order them but that would seem really awkward. But is that what I need to do?
drpitcairn

Postby Dan_Kelleher » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Richard,
It pastes at the bottom because the Black Triangle is positioned there --> (pointing there).

After you select a menu and "cut" it, move the Black Triangle by clicking on a new location--> Do this by clicking just inside the dark vertical line on the left where it intersects with one of the lighter grey horizontal lines under each menu.
-Dan
Daniel.Kelleher@umassmed.edu
SC4.7.3 OSX 10.7.2 Mac Pro
Dan_Kelleher

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Got it. Tricky, had to try a few times but it worked. Certainly not intuitive. Thanks for your help. Will make the next step very much easier.
drpitcairn

Return to SuperEditing