Graphic Display Behaviour in SuperEdit Beta

Questions regarding the Developer Edition's SuperEdit? This is the place!

Graphic Display Behaviour in SuperEdit Beta

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:35 am

This report is for the SuperCard Beta. The version I’m using is 4.8.b12 but the About box says it’s version number is 4.8b8.

On the card background I have about 40 rectangular Draw objects. Half of them are grouped together to make a structureRgn for a custom window shape. The rest are empty as the pictureData will be set by script.

When I select the objects (Select All) I can see the corner handles. When I click on a single object I see no handles. If I open another window in front of the card with the problem, I can see the handles, but when I close the other window, the handles disappear again. When I click and hold, I can see a solid outline of the object and the handles, but as soon as I release, the selection seems to be lost even though it isn’t (I can use arrow keys to make it move even though it looks unselected). See below.

This visual feedback is confusing and probably something is broken.

Another problem is the highlight appears when an object gets deselected. You can tell it is deselected because the arrow keys can’t move it and the Arrange menu is Greyed out.

Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: Graphic Display Behaviour in SuperEdit Beta

Postby codegreen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:15 am

Yikes! That was an ugly one...

Debugging anything to do with hilites is always a nightmare already (as they're the result of multiple drawing passes with patXor), but this was compounded by the fact that actual bug which caused it appears to be in Apple's code (and I just accidentally leaned into it via a seemingly unrelated change someplace miles away from the code that draws them).

Anyway I think this is fixed (and hopefully it isn't just the start of another long annoying game of Whack-a-Mole...).

Thanks,
-Mark
codegreen

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:16 am

Fixed. :D
Joe Koomen
JoeKoomen2011

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:44 pm

New highlighting issue I have noticed in beta 21. Don't know that this was in previous versions or not. Most of my work in the last 6 months has been editing old projects, but today I'm working on a new one.

When I double-click a field to edit a field's attributes that first time I get expected behavior. After the edit, the field's corner points are still highlighted. When I double-click a second field and edit, after closing the dialog, the first is still highlighted, and the second is also. In cases where the corners overlap I get three different highlights. Saving clears all the highlights.

hilite1.png
Highlighting weirdness
hilite1.png (8.11 KiB) Viewed 2461 times

hilite2.png
And more
hilite2.png (7.1 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
Joe Koomen
JoeKoomen2011

Return to SuperEditing