SC Player or Standalone Maker

Working on making the switch to SuperCard? Many here have done it... ask your questions here.

SC Player or Standalone Maker

Postby OceanWolfe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:28 pm

I'm getting ready to buy SuperCard after using the trial version to test convert one of my stacks and being pretty pleased with the results.
One of the stacks I want to convert was used to help my wife and I coordinate our work efforts. The SuperCard "Essentials" package has SC Player. The SC Suite includes Standalone Maker.
What is the difference to the user of these two ways for my wife to use this Stack? We will both use the same version and share it via Dropbox. Other than both of us not needing the SC Player App, is there any advantage to spending the extra money to get Standalone Maker and using it for this purpose?
TIA
OceanWolfe

Re: SC Player or Standalone Maker

Postby Scott » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:54 am

Unless you plan to distribute (in some manner), I don't see much advantage to a standalone vs: running the project with the Player. Both methods will require you to create menus you'll need as you won't have access to the SharedFile or Runtime Editor.

One thing you do have in the TV that won't be in the Essentials edition is SuperEdit. For me, this is the real hero of the Suite.
Scott
Site Admin

Re: SC Player or Standalone Maker

Postby OceanWolfe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:52 pm

thanks. Good point on SuperEdit. I've used it only a little, but do see the extra power.
OceanWolfe

Return to Upgrading From HyperCard