Upgrading from SuperCard 3.6.2

Working on making the switch to SuperCard? Many here have done it... ask your questions here.

Upgrading from SuperCard 3.6.2

Postby caroling » Fri May 11, 2012 12:59 pm

I tried to upgrade from HyperCard long ago, but have forgotten why I kept using HyperCard for cataloging discs in OS9 right up to *shock* getting an Intel MacBookPro in 2011. Now I'm missing HyperCard painfully. It still runs on my iBook but I must have a strategy when it dies. But $279 for a whole new SuperCard is a lot of $s for the small fraction of my work it would be. I'm having to work in html and video and convert everything I ever did into those two formats. Even now the Flash movies.

My question is about converting the SC stacks, assuming the HyperCard ones work OK. Does the converter take anything previous and convert to current? Would I copy the old files onto Lion and do the conversions there/here?

It is quite cool that I recognize some old names such as Scott and Joe Koomen.

Re: Upgrading from SuperCard 3.6.2

Postby Scott » Fri May 11, 2012 3:46 pm

SuperCard's HyperCard Converter converts a stack into a SuperCard project, with all cards and backgrounds assigned to window 1. The Stack level script is placed in the window script of the new project.

There are a number of things that will not be functional in the new Project. Details are available at http://supercard.us/hypercard/index.html

In addition, you will most likely run into some script errors. The majority of these are documented in the HyperCard Syntax section of the Help System.
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from SuperCard 3.6.2

Postby sctell » Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 pm

caroling wrote:But $279 for a whole new SuperCard is a lot of $s

Perhaps Scott will allow this, not sure where 3.6.2 sits in this.

All the best

Return to Upgrading From HyperCard