Standard --> Developer upgrade possible?

Working on making the switch to SuperCard? Many here have done it... ask your questions here.

Standard --> Developer upgrade possible?

Postby lyle » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:09 am

I was a HyperCard user from the day it was released for free by Apple, and have been wanting to upgrade to SuperCard for a while. I tinkered together a nice little business card organizer with the demo, and am hooked!

But I am dithering over whether or buy the standard or developer version. It would be much easier to just buy the standard version if there is some way to upgrade from the standard version to the developer version at some point in the future.

Thanks!
-- Lyle
lyle

Re: Standard --> Developer upgrade possible?

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:28 am

Lyle,

I would suggest you snag the Developer Edition initially. If you qualify for the HyperCard offer it is only a $50 difference. While you can upgrade from the Standard Edition to the Developer Edition at a later date, that upgrade will cost you $100.
Scott
Site Admin

Re: Standard --> Developer upgrade possible?

Postby lyle » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:16 am

supercardus wrote:
I would suggest you snag the Developer Edition initially. If you qualify for the HyperCard offer it is only a $50 difference. While you can upgrade from the Standard Edition to the Developer Edition at a later date, that upgrade will cost you $100.

Very astute observation! The HyperCard offer gives me the Developer Edition for the normal price of the Standard Edition. I'd be barking mad not to take advantage of your generosity.

Thanks!
-- Lyle
lyle

Return to Upgrading From HyperCard