Recent Supercard Convert

Working on making the switch to SuperCard? Many here have done it... ask your questions here.

Recent Supercard Convert

Postby Sixheadeddog » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Hello!

I'm relatively new to SuperCard, still sort of getting the swing of how it works. I'm a programming noob, and most of the old stacks I have and would like to save are little more than flipcard, simple buttonscript games I made as a kid.

One thing I can't figure out how to do in order to save all of these stacks is go into "fat bits," or magification mode. The SuperCard paint tools don't seem to have a magnifying glass or anything similar to the HC ability to zoom in and paint/draw at the pixel level. This is problematic, since a lot of the art in my old HC games is very small, and colorizing it would be extremely difficult without that ability.

Is there anyway to do this in SC, that anyone's aware of?
Sixheadeddog

Re: Recent Supercard Convert

Postby codegreen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Sixheadeddog wrote:Hello!

I'm relatively new to SuperCard, still sort of getting the swing of how it works. I'm a programming noob, and most of the old stacks I have and would like to save are little more than flipcard, simple buttonscript games I made as a kid.

One thing I can't figure out how to do in order to save all of these stacks is go into "fat bits," or magification mode. The SuperCard paint tools don't seem to have a magnifying glass or anything similar to the HC ability to zoom in and paint/draw at the pixel level. This is problematic, since a lot of the art in my old HC games is very small, and colorizing it would be extremely difficult without that ability.

Is there anyway to do this in SC, that anyone's aware of?

The SC runtime engine's paint tools don't have a 'fat bits' mode, but the ones in SuperEdit (which is part of the Developer Edition) do.

HTH,
-Mark
codegreen

Postby MacInput2 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:33 am

Another thing to consider is that a wide variety of graphic formats can be imported into SuperCard (see pictureData in the Language Guide). You may find it more productive to edit them with the graphic tool of your choice and just import them.
MacInput2

Postby Sixheadeddog » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:50 am

Here's another question:

Yes, SuperEdit does have fatbits, and it would work fine -- except, and please forgive my PROFOUND stupid noobness here, I can't figure out how to bring up the colors pallette at all while using the paint tools in SuperEdit.

Help??
Sixheadeddog

Postby MacInput2 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Click on the very lower left corner of the window and you will see three tables popup. From left to write they are fillFore, fillPat, and fillBack.
MacInput2

Postby codegreen » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 pm

MacInput wrote:Click on the very lower left corner of the window and you will see three tables popup.

And if you shift-click they will remain visible until you click outside them someplace, so you don't have to pop the palette up multiple times when setting more than one property.

HTH,
-Mark
codegreen

Return to Upgrading From HyperCard