pushPull – an external for automating a divider

Here is where the magnanimous folks that create externals post them (.zip archives only please).

pushPull – an external for automating a divider

Postby mrBean » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:04 pm

I created this external I call pushPull because I’m lazy and I don’t think I should have to repeatedly write up scripts, when the job can easily be done automatically. So if you are of the same mindset, then you will really like this external.

This external utilizes anchorData of objects too determine how to scale or move said object in relationship to the movement of the divider. PushPull also automatically detects witch direction divider wants to travel, and then automatically drags the divider in the given direction.

pushPull sample.sc45.zip
Update 1.1
Tested with sc741
(199.55 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Last edited by mrBean on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrBean

Re: pushPull – an external for automating a divider

Postby mrBean » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 pm

I have just found a small error in the external where it doesn’t detect the very first object on the stack. Until I get time to fix this, a simple fix to this problem is to make the divider the first object of the stack. If that doesn’t work for you, you can crate a new object, then send it to the back, then hide it or move it off screen.

If any body has any questions or finds another bug, don’t hesitate to reply to this post.
mrBean

Re: pushPull – an external for automating a divider

Postby mrBean » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:49 pm

PushPull Update
The new version of the external uses superCard's target info to get the name of the divider, so you no longer need to supply it. I have changed the syntax to reflect that fact. Now all you have to do is call the external to use it.

syntax: pushPull [<minLimit>,<maxLimit>]
Code: Select all
on mouseDown
  pushPull
end mouseDown

I have also added the ability for the external to recognize tabs, spaces, or returns in place of commas. And I have done some general polishing up of this part of the external's code too. I have cleaned up the example project, hopefully this version is more helpful then the last.

Bug Fixes;
    I have fixed the bug that caused the external to not detect the very first object on the stack.
    Fixed a bug that caused a double transform to happen to the divider.

You can obtain the new version of pushPull at the top of this post.
mrBean

Return to XCmds, XFcns, and XRtns