Parent – Hierarchical Grouping

Here is where the magnanimous folks that create externals post them (.zip archives only please).

Parent – Hierarchical Grouping

Postby mrBean » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:53 pm

I created this external to do things that my objGroup external can’t do, because of the very nature of grouping. If you never heard of parenting before; I’ve have written a brief description of what it is. But basically it is one of the fundamental functions of character rigging in 3D animation. I took the Idea of parenting from there and applied its functionality to superCard.

Parenting is similar to grouping; in that a select group of objects work as one. The difference is (besides there names), is that parenting is hierarchical. Where in grouping, all object are of equal value.
In parenting a group of objects are assigned to a single object called the ‘parent’. This assigned group of objects is called ‘children’. The children are allowed to act independent of one another, but when the parent calls, all the children must follow.
Last edited by mrBean on Thu May 31, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrBean

Re: Parent – Hierarchical Grouping

Postby mrBean » Thu May 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Because the parent external is closely related to objGroup I have decided to move it over to that thread. So if the admin would be so obliged, please close this thread.
mrBean

Return to XCmds, XFcns, and XRtns