ListMaster incompatible with b26

SuperCard 4.5 & 4.6 projects (.zip archives only please).

ListMaster incompatible with b26

Postby parttimeprogrammer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Looks like the new list field improvements might be rendering ListMaster useless? All of my projects that use LM show a blank field, even though the data in the field can still be interacted with via script, so it's not actually empty. Very simple project attached which works in 4.7 as well as 4.8b25, but not in b26.
Attachments
ListMaster Test.sc45.zip
(72.07 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
parttimeprogrammer

Re: ListMaster incompatible with b26

Postby codegreen » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 pm

I'm working on an update, but unfortunately it wasn't ready in time to beat the expiration date of b25.

I'll try to post something here next week...

-Mark
codegreen

Postby parttimeprogrammer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:31 am

Thank you Mark, much appreciated. You've probably also noticed that clickList and similar functions don't work when ListMaster is used. Keep up the good work, the direction SC is taking is terrific!
parttimeprogrammer

Postby codegreen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:51 pm

parttimeprogrammer wrote:Thank you Mark, much appreciated. You've probably also noticed that clickList and similar functions don't work when ListMaster is used. Keep up the good work, the direction SC is taking is terrific!

Thanks. In b26 we've definitely veered from the unlikely to the flat-out impossible, so I appreciate everyone's patience with the inevitable glitches...

:)
-Mark
codegreen

Postby codegreen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Okay it turns out ListMaster is another thing that was fixed weeks ago then broken in the last minute rush to get b26 out before b25 expired (this time by adding a field to a shared data structure defined in both the SuperCard and Internals Toolbox headers, but only updated with this change in the former).

Everything would still have worked fine anyway except ListMaster verifies the size of the struct as a 'sanity check' before using it, and after the change it no longer matched the length LM expected.

Here's a build which should fix that particular bug. I wanted to get it out to you guys to hammer on ASAP, as there may well be other unforeseen consequences of b26's devious internal changes to the implementation of list fields...

Listmaster b26 fix.zip
(70.59 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Please let us know if you find any problems.

Thanks,
-Mark
codegreen

Postby parttimeprogrammer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks! After a quick peek I see a few bugs. In fields that are populated with fewer lines of text than the height of the field would accommodate, vertical rules are only extended as far as the number of lines requires. And clicking the list results in hiliting of the line past the last line of text, not the line actually clicked. See screen capture (which is scaling really large in the preview of this post for some reason...). I'll keep at it.
Attachments
LM field.png
LM field.png (39.96 KiB) Viewed 909 times
parttimeprogrammer

Postby codegreen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm not seeing either of those issues here in your sample project.

What OS are you running it in?

-Mark
codegreen

Postby parttimeprogrammer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:38 am

El Capitan 10.11.6. I have isolated this particular field from the rest of the project into a single-card new project, and by eliminating a variety of "clickList" and "set hilitedLines" scripts the LM functionality is as expected. So I assume it has to do with the new implementation of list fields not reacting correctly to "clickList" etc. Will await next beta, chances are all will return to normal. Can run in 4.7 in the meantime.
parttimeprogrammer

Postby parttimeprogrammer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 pm

So far testing in b27 results in proper operation of ListMaster. Thanks!

I'll try to test as many of the additional new features as I can, although calendar interaction, while superb in concept, isn't something I've thus far included in any of my projects. But it could prove very handy; just not sure whether time will allow some level of implementation to test. Let you know if I find anything!
parttimeprogrammer

Postby codegreen » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks for the update!

-Mark
codegreen

Return to Sample & Demo Projects