ListMaster editor and sample project

SuperCard 4.5 & 4.6 projects (.zip archives only please).

ListMaster editor and sample project

Postby mrBean » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:41 pm

The LM Editor helps setup list fields for use with listmaster external. The sample project is a rebuild of the ListMaster 4.0 project, plus i add faking collapsible arrays. The listmaster exteral used by the sample project is mark's original version, so the iApp theme and type=icns support is missing.

Anybody that really wants to customize there list field – listmaster external is the way to go. And hopefully my editor will help achieve your goals.
Last edited by mrBean on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mrBean

Re: ListMaster editor and sample project

Postby codegreen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:37 pm

mrBeam wrote:The listmaster exteral used by the sample project is mark's original version, so the iApp theme and icns support is missing.

I still don't know what Chilton's iApp theme looks like, but as I've already said icns support is in there already.

-Mark
codegreen

Postby mrBean » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:55 pm

I cant get icns to work for the life of me. also it not working in the version 4 sample project.

As for iapp theme this is the text straight-out the version 4 sample project.

iApp Backgrounds

Also by popular demand, ListMaster now supports iApp colors
in SuperCard list fields!

This is a variation on the 'greenbar' background setting for ListMaster. It uses the exact same color scheme made popular by
Apple, in titles such as iTunes and Safari.

Unlike other ListMaster settings, invoking the 'iApp'
color scheme will set a number of additional settings
for you.

The font is set to Lucida Grande, the hilite color is
set to a special iApp specific setting, and the column
dividers are set as well.
mrBean

Postby marksch » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Beam,

When I click on PICT Resources, SuperCard 4.6 crashes.

Best,

Mark
We have time for new projects. Contact me at http://qery.us/du now and be first in line.

Biggest free icon collection ever: http://icons.qery.us
marksch

Postby codegreen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:56 pm

mrBeam wrote:I cant get icns to work for the life of me. also it not working in the version 4 sample project.

As for iapp theme this is the text straight-out the version 4 sample project.

AFAICR Chilton never bothered to send that to me. As for icns resources, they work fine here. Did Chilton add some special separate syntax for them that you're trying to use?

-Mark
codegreen

Postby mrBean » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:59 pm

marksch wrote:When I click on PICT Resources, SuperCard 4.6 crashes.

try replacing the the listMaster external with the one in the 4.6 resource manager.
mrBean

Postby mrBean » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:18 pm

mark wrote:Did Chilton add some special separate syntax for them that you're trying to use?

I'm not sure if it's your syntax or his, at this point.

I have tried two different ways to pass the colSpec. First way at set the colSpec to 'type=icns' and the other i set it to 'type=icxx, list-field has the id of an icns stored in the projects resource. Both ways don't work; the first way nothing happens and the second way the list field goes blank.
mrBean

Postby mrBean » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm

I have made a version of the sample project that will work with superCard 4.6.3 -- the pict resource sample dose not work in this version. i have also included the first sample project i posted in-which pict resource sample dose work, but the project can only run under superCard 4.7. LM Editor works for both version of superCard.
Last edited by mrBean on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrBean

Postby codegreen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 pm

mrBeam wrote:I have tried two different ways to pass the colSpec. First way at set the colSpec to 'type=icns' and the other i set it to 'type=icxx, list-field has the id of an icns stored in the projects resource.

The version that ships in SC expects 'type=icxx', but only loads icons from the resource fork.

-Mark
codegreen

Postby mrBean » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:00 pm

I got it to work. my test project was using the listMaster i got from sc4.6, i switch to sc4.7 version and everything is working.
mrBean

Postby marksch » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:13 am

mrBeam,

Does that mean that your project won't work with 4.6?

Mark
We have time for new projects. Contact me at http://qery.us/du now and be first in line.

Biggest free icon collection ever: http://icons.qery.us
marksch

Postby mrBean » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:27 am

marksch wrote:mrBeam,

Does that mean that your project won't work with 4.6?

Mark

LM Editor will work with both sc4.6 and sc4.7

The sample project as you had point out before, crashes when used with sc4.6. I have since then posted a new attachment with a version of the sample project that works with superCard 4.6. The listMaster external used in the the sc4.6 sample project dose not support PICT and icns. PICT and icns is only supported in the sc4.7 sample project.

I hope that clears up some confusion.
mrBean

Postby mrBean » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 pm

I have Update the ListMaster sc47 sample project with an example of how to use icns to fake checkboxs, and i have add a altered version of the System CLUT; so listMaster can display a OSX color scheme.

I have also rebuilt the Column Text Editor in the LM Editor ptoject.

I have also add a new feature to the LM Editor, now if you click the zoom box in the titlebar, the editor will switch to a compact version of itself.
Attachments
LM Editor.zip
LM Editor 1.0
ListMaster Sample Project sc46 + sc47
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 320 times
Last edited by mrBean on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrBean

Postby Dan_Kelleher » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Thank you to everyone for all the work on List Master.
-Dan
Dan_Kelleher

Postby sctell » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 am

Hi,

I have just been playing with ListMaster and have the following questions:

1. Is the external reliable and supported?

2. I have hit a limit which must be due to the storage capacity of list fields. There is reference to using an Array external which must overcome these limits?

3. Is the Array external in the data fork of the example files up to date and supported.

4. I am using 4.6.3 so if there are differences between 4.6.3 and 4.7 can someone please explain.
sctell

Postby mrBean » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 am

sctell wrote:1. Is the external reliable and supported?

I'm not sure are know what you mean by supported, but I personally consider every external as "us at your own risk" software.

As far as "reliable", all a can say is listMaster has been around for a long time and has never failed me when used properly. Just to give you an idea how old listMaster is, the created date on my copy of listMaster 2.53 is "Wednesday, October 23, 1996".

sctell wrote:4. I am using 4.6.3 so if there are differences between 4.6.3 and 4.7 can someone please explain.

the copy that I included in sc46 example does not have support for icns icons or pict resource, or at least, not on my intel mac. I was told it does but i never got it to work. There maybe more differences that I don't know about.

sctell wrote:3. Is the Array external in the data fork of the example files up to date and supported.

Array external is the newest one i could get a hold of at the time. if there is a new version out there I don't know.
mrBean

Postby mrBean » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:44 am

Has anybody used the LM Editor? I was really hoping to get some feed back on it.

Anybody that's willing to try out the LM Editor can use listMaster sample project for testing purposes. When I rebuilt mark's LM sample, I used LM Editor to do it, so its a great way to see how of the editor functions.
mrBean

Return to Sample & Demo Projects