Shell/Unix scripting in SC --> Shell-o-matic

SuperCard 4.5 & 4.6 projects (.zip archives only please).

Shell/Unix scripting in SC --> Shell-o-matic

Postby vinnie-bob » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Based on a thread from the yahoo list, I am posting an old shell & SC tutorial I put together for the supercard chat (the venerable SuperCard chat). It introduces you to a bit of using terminal, and using some simple unix commands with SC. The entire "script" I used for the Supercard chat is included in the "Tutorial" window. You should read the Tutorial window and follow the instructions. Most of it is pretty straight forward, but I would advise against random playing with the actual shell scripts until you run through the tutorial.

I suppose I would also recommend that you familiarize yourself with unix paths and conventions.

The actual demo project itself has a list of Unix commands which you can double click on (to replace the entire contents of the "Script to Run" field), or option double click to append a command into the "script script to run" window after an existing script. You can string together several unix commands to create more complex scripts. You are working with a small subset of "easy" unix commands, however, as this is just an intro. Please see the Tutorial window.

Questions here if you have any, but I won't be available to answer them for a week or two...others will chime in, I'm sure.

(31.76 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

Return to Sample & Demo Projects