Snow Leopard

Check here for answers to frequently asked questions.

Snow Leopard

Postby sctell » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi,

Before I upgrade to Snow Leopard does anybody know if SuperCard will have any issues?
sctell

Re: Snow Leopard

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 am

haden_young wrote:Hi,

Before I upgrade to Snow Leopard does anybody know if SuperCard will have any issues?

I haven't run into any functional issues here with SuperCard and the frosty cat (at least, not yet). I have seen a couple minor cosmetic issues (which I've reported to Scott) involving instances where controls on top of a tab can end up with a slightly darker grey rectangle behind them instead of perfectly matching the new lighter tab background color and also some instances of a window being active (dark grey gradient title bar)... but the widgets (close, minimize, zoom) appearing inactive (grayed out) instead of in color when the mouse is not over them. But the widgets do gain color and the usual (x - +) symbols when moving the mouse over them and they do function properly.

Another thing... you will have to install Rosetta (which is now optional in Mac OS X 10.6) if you need to use Standalone Maker as it is not a universal app (yet)... but you might have to do that for other apps you may have anyways.
Mike Yenco
YENCO.COM
Mike

Postby sctell » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Has Scott indicated when an update will be available to correct these visual defects?

I presume these visual defects also apply to Projects that have been converted to Standalone status?

Does anyone have any information with regard to the latest XCode in the Snow Leopard release that may affect using it to create SuperCard externals?
sctell

Postby Mike » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:09 am

haden_young wrote:Has Scott indicated when an update will be available to correct these visual defects?

Not that I'm aware of. But in general the answer is usually that it will ship when it is ready.

I presume these visual defects also apply to Projects that have been converted to Standalone status?

Yes.
Mike Yenco
YENCO.COM
Mike

Postby margoedelfelt » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:16 am

I'm trying to use SuperCard under Snow Leopard, having migrated it from my old Mac. I can't get it to start a new card. It works fine on the old Mac.
margoedelfelt

Postby Scott » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:33 am

Margo,

Can you be a bit more specific? What version of SuperCard? Exactly what your seeing that is unexpected?
Scott
Site Admin

Postby mizzou60 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi all, am a former HyperCard user who like others has forgotten it all--if you don't use it u lose it! :oops:

But sure miss the "all cards in stack" cmd or whatever it was called type of display; assume there is not one of those, anymore. Excuse me, it would be windows (?) in a stack? Could look at cards that need work, under HyperCard, etc. Not there in SuperCard...7.x. Using Snow Leopard and so far no major problems--have just forgotten some of the cmds. Yet pics on background are almost uncontrolable when large. Some fade outs when color is spotty, too--down to pixels.

Sure wish those who know SuperCard would write a new book for the rest of us. The only ones I can get are so old they are useless. How can I get Rosetta? On the Snow Leopard disk? The last version was easier to make a Standalone...not sure how to do it now.

Thanks for your help in advance...
mizzou
mizzou60

Return to SuperCard FAQ