Text graphic?

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

Text graphic?

Postby drpitcairn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:35 am

I tried to use the "text graphic" on a card but could not figure out how it is supposed to work? I thought it would be a graphic of some text but then could not figure out how to enter the text.

Thanks,
Richard
drpitcairn

Re: Text graphic?

Postby Dave_Higgins » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:47 am

rpitcairn wrote:I tried to use the "text graphic" on a card but could not figure out how it is supposed to work? I thought it would be a graphic of some text but then could not figure out how to enter the text.

Try this... Click on the text graphic tool again to select it. Now click inside the one you previously made on the card/bg. You should get a text insertion pointer.
My two favorite teams are Detroit and whoever's playing Chicago.
Dave_Higgins

Postby drpitcairn » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Yes, that worked.
Thanks.
drpitcairn

Postby drpitcairn » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Is there any advantage to using text graphic to display a name, for example, like a name for a field as compared to just making a simple field and having it "show name". I have been doing the latter but wonder if this is not the best way.
drpitcairn

Postby witness » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 am

rpitcairn wrote:Is there any advantage to using text graphic to display a name, for example, like a name for a field as compared to just making a simple field and having it "show name". I have been doing the latter but wonder if this is not the best way.

SuperCard doesn't have a sharedText property like HyperCard 2.x had it. So if you want a text field in the background that has the same text on all cards, you'll need a draw text graphic instead.
Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are Everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de
witness

Postby drpitcairn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:18 am

Oh, I get it. Very nice.
drpitcairn

Return to Using MPI