Menu module error window?

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

Menu module error window?

Postby drpitcairn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:05 am

Lately when I open the Menu module and select a menu item I get this error window. If I dismiss it, works OK. Don't get the error if I open the MenuMaster Utility from Supercard editor. Any idea why this is happening?

menu error.gif
window that comes up on choosing a menu
menu error.gif (48.88 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
drpitcairn

Re: Menu module error window?

Postby S. Leys » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:50 pm

drpitcairn wrote:Lately when I open the Menu module and select a menu item I get this error window. If I dismiss it, works OK. Don't get the error if I open the MenuMaster Utility from Supercard editor. Any idea why this is happening?

Yes, it's a bug in 4.7.2.

This problem also exists in some other modules.
The workaround is :
open the shared script (ctrl-S), look for this handler and comment it out.
Code: Select all
on show what
global RTE_NAME, RTE_ACTIVE
if what = "about" and RTE_ACTIVE = "true" then send "mAboutSuperCard" to proj RTE_NAME
else pass show
end show

The sole drawback of doing so, AFAIK, is that if you select "about SuperCard" in the Apple menu when the RTE is open, it will display the same about window as if the RTE was closed. Which is not very nasty.

S.
S. Leys

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:52 am

Thanks. Did it.
drpitcairn

Postby jguillou » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:37 am

The sole drawback of doing so, AFAIK, is that if you select "about SuperCard" in the Apple menu when the RTE is open, it will display the same about window as if the RTE was closed. Which is not very nasty.

S.

In making the correction in the shared file for the handler "on show" command "show" does not work anymore with SuperCard
jguillou

Postby S. Leys » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:14 pm

jguillou wrote:In making the correction in the shared file for the handler "on show" command "show" does not work anymore with SuperCard

Well, it works here.
did you comment out the "on show" handler entirely ? as Scott said here :
http://forums.supercard.us/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1453&p=7153#p7152

Are you sure that you didn't just comment out the lines inside the handler, leaving "on show" and "end show" uncommented ?

S.
S. Leys

Return to Using MPI