MPI 4.2

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

MPI 4.2

Postby S. Leys » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:27 am

The magnify module should now work on Intel boxes. I've made a few improvements to this module and renamed it from "magnifying glass module" to "magnify module" (the installer won't delete the old version, you should do it manually).
I've fixed Dave's menu madness problem.
Fixed a bug in the fields tab of the tools module (reported off list by Dave).
Added a security in the userprops module which prevents from defining a userprop with a name which would cause problems.
Fixed a problem where MPI was reopening the last editable window when it was collapsed.

S.
S. Leys

Re: MPI 4.2

Postby CharlieMc3 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:57 pm

I am not having any luck with the Magnify Module. I installed MPI 4.2, went to the Modules menu and still found Magnifying Glass Module. I then went to Library:Application Support:SuperCard 4.6.3:SC Pouch:Modules, deleted Magnifying Glass Module and copied and pasted Magnify Module to replace it. I restarted MPI and the Modules menu now shows Magnify Module, but when selected it gives the error "Sorry, this feature requires opening SC with Rosetta."

What am I doing wrong?
CharlieMc3

Postby CharlieMc3 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Forgot to mention I am running SC and MPI on:
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
CharlieMc3

Postby S. Leys » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:27 am

cmclane wrote:I am not having any luck with the Magnify Module. I installed MPI 4.2, went to the Modules menu and still found Magnifying Glass Module. I then went to Library:Application Support:SuperCard 4.6.3:SC Pouch:Modules, deleted Magnifying Glass Module and copied and pasted Magnify Module to replace it. I restarted MPI and the Modules menu now shows Magnify Module, but when selected it gives the error "Sorry, this feature requires opening SC with Rosetta."

Hm , I verified that the I had removed this warning, I verified that the DL link was OK, so I don't know what is going on.
The first thing to do is to verify that you have the correct version installed, click the MPI logo at the left of the menu bar, click the "version" tab, you should see 4.2. The installer didn't delete the old module but should have installed the new magnify module. So, you should have seen both of them in the menu just after the installation. The fact that you had to copy it manually makes me think that something went wrong during the installation. Didn't you have an error message from the installer ?
Just to be sure that I didn't do something wrong, I posted 4.2.1. If it still doesn't work, you could try downloading this new version.
Since I don't have an Intel box, I can't test on my side but 4.2 was tested on an Intel box before I posted it.
Let me know if you solved the problem and how.

Anybody else seeing this problem ?

S.
S. Leys

Postby CharlieMc3 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:09 am

Thanks for your help. I reinstalled MPI. (I was fairly sure I had done this correctly but MPI showed version 4.0.7 when I checked.) It now shows version 4.2 and Magnify works as you described it, and is a very nice and useful module! Thanks again.
CharlieMc3

Postby S. Leys » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:37 am

cmclane wrote:Thanks for your help. I reinstalled MPI. (I was fairly sure I had done this correctly but MPI showed version 4.0.7 when I checked.) It now shows version 4.2 and Magnify works as you described it, and is a very nice and useful module! Thanks again.

The recipe of a safe installation :
1- Open SC with MPI. If MPI is open, the installer will copy the registration info from the old version to the new one.
2- Close all projects except MPI and its modules, including the RTE to avoid possible interferences. I'm not aware of any problem with other projects open during the installation but better safe than sorry.
3- Switch back to the Finder and D&D the installer on the icon of SC in the dock. This will ensure that the Finder won't open the installer with some forgotten backup of SC you may have on another disk, which may happen if you just double click it.

If the installer reports errors, verify that the permissions of the SC Pouch folder (and all the MPI folders in it) are set to read/write for the current account and try installing again.

If all this doesn't work, don't hesitate to report it, the mistake may come from me.

S.
S. Leys

Return to Using MPI