Email for help with MPI no longer works.

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

Email for help with MPI no longer works.

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:07 pm

I have found that the resource module in MPI no longer is working. I went to the web site, and used the email listed there for contact. Message came back as undeliverable. So looks like this software has been abandoned. Bummer.

— Richard
drpitcairn

Re: Email for help with MPI no longer works.

Postby 1nperson0z » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:52 pm

I last heard from Stéphane in Feb 2013 and he told me he'd stopped developing for SC a couple years earlier.

Ian B
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz i7 8Gb 10.11.3
1nperson0z

Postby drpitcairn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:44 am

Too bad. Nice software and I am used to it. Way it goes sometimes though.
drpitcairn

Postby cartoonMike » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:50 pm

While I do understand that sometimes things get dropped/stopped, it's just bad form to leave users hanging. From all appearances the MPI website still looks active and gives no hint that it's a dead extension.

I'll miss MPI a lot, wish it could be open-sourced or something if Stéphane couldn't go forward with it. (it would be a great way to extend the given editing environment, imho)
cartoonMike

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:20 am

I quite agree. It is especially confusing when the website looks still active but is not. Careless.
drpitcairn

Postby vinnie-bob » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Umm, when visiting the website (http://modulopi.pagesperso-orange.fr), how does one classify this website as "active"? The fact that it exists does not mean it is active. The last update is stated to have been in 2010 — that should be a strong hint that it isn't. So I have to ask… what are you guys smokin'? :? :?

There used to be a previous alternate RTE called Tangerine that was also very very nice. That disappeared. No open source. I think that's the precedent.

Software it seems mostly has a finite lifespan. Users are always left hanging. It is the circle of life. Embrace it.
------
vince
------
vinnie-bob

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Yes, you are right. I assumed it was active because the site still there with suggested contact link.
I will embrace it...reluctantly.
drpitcairn

Return to Using MPI