I don't understand progressbar buttons

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

I don't understand progressbar buttons

Postby drpitcairn » Fri May 08, 2009 7:47 pm

I tried to set one up but it does nothing when clicked. I put a mouseup command in, but nada. Also I don't see any way for the button name to show up.
Can I get some hints?

Thanks,
Richard
drpitcairn

Re: I don't understand progressbar buttons

Postby S. Leys » Fri May 08, 2009 11:19 pm

rpitcairn wrote:I tried to set one up but it does nothing when clicked. I put a mouseup command in, but nada. Also I don't see any way for the button name to show up.
Can I get some hints?

You can't show the name of progressbar buttons, If there is no "showname" checkbox in the PI or in the contextclick popup for the selected button, it means that you can't show the name of this style of button.

progressbars must be handled by script.
you must set the minimum/maximumvalue, then increment the currentvalue as your script progresses.
Code: Select all
    set currentvalue of cd btn 3 to 0
    repeat with i = 1 to 100
        set currentvalue of cd btn 3 to i
        wait 5 -- do something slow here
    end repeat

Also, progressbars,chasingarrows,indeterminatebar,placard,primarygroup,secondarygroup and relevancebar won't receive mouse messages

All these control buttons are handled by the OS, not by SC. So, SC can do only what the OS allows.

S.
S. Leys

Re: I don't understand progressbar buttons

Postby drpitcairn » Sat May 09, 2009 8:23 am

OK. Got it.
drpitcairn

Return to Using MPI