Can't control window size.

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

Can't control window size.

Postby drpitcairn » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:29 pm

I have asked about this before and either don't understand or there is a bug. I am trying to change a windowsize in a project, permanently. With the project window open, I select the bg check box in the MPI menu (at end of menu) so the bg shows. Then I go to the PI and change size. Next in PI I select "window" from the Edit submenu and change that to the same size. The window will change sizes for me but then as soon as I leave that card or open the project again it has reverted to the prior size. I have done this about 6 times now and can't get it to hold. Have read about windowsize in the lG and I think I am doing it right.

Help!
drpitcairn

Re: Can't control window size.

Postby S. Leys » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm

rpitcairn wrote:I have asked about this before and either don't understand or there is a bug. I am trying to change a windowsize in a project, permanently. With the project window open, I select the bg check box in the MPI menu (at end of menu) so the bg shows. Then I go to the PI and change size. Next in PI I select "window" from the Edit submenu and change that to the same size. The window will change sizes for me but then as soon as I leave that card or open the project again it has reverted to the prior size. I have done this about 6 times now and can't get it to hold. Have read about windowsize in the lG and I think I am doing it right.

Are you sure that you don't have somewhere a script which resets the windowsize ? On openbackground, for instance.
Use the find module to search the scripts of your project.

S.
S. Leys

Postby drpitcairn » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes, I did. Thanks for that help, especially pointing to the find module which I can see if very useful.
drpitcairn

Postby drpitcairn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:25 pm

I seem to be stuck on this again. I am trying to change the window size and cannot do it. Have tried about 30 times. I set the size for the window but as soon as the card is selected it reverts back to the smaller size. I have used the Find module to search for "windowsize" in a script and find only this:
Code: Select all
on openbackground
  set the windowsize of this wd to 1000,700
  set the backSize of this bg to the windowSize of this wd
end openbackground

I have tried putting this script in the window script but same result. I have gone through all the scripts for project, window, bg, cards and don't find any other setting for sizes. So am stuck.
Is this a bug?
drpitcairn

Postby S. Leys » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 pm

rpitcairn wrote:I seem to be stuck on this again. I am trying to change the window size and cannot do it. Have tried about 30 times. I set the size for the window but as soon as the card is selected it reverts back to the smaller size. I have used the Find module to search for "windowsize" in a script and find only this:
on openbackground
  set the windowsize of this wd to 1000,700
  set the backSize of this bg to the windowSize of this wd
end openbackground

I have tried putting this script in the window script but same result. I have gone through all the scripts for project, window, bg, cards and don't find any other setting for sizes. So am stuck.
Is this a bug?

When the dontlimitwindows is false or the dolimitwindow of the window is true, the window can't be resized beyond the backsize of the current bg.
Thus, you must set the backsize FIRST, then you can set the windowsize as large as you like, the window won't be larger than this backsize.
on openbackground
    set the backSize of this bg to 1000,700
    --set the windowsize of this wd to the backSize of this bg
    set the windowsize of this wd to 10000,10000
end openbackground

What you're doing in your script :
- you try setting the windowsize larger than the backsize. This doesn't work because the dontlimitwindows is false and the size of your wd is not changed.
- then, you set the backsize to this unchanged windowsize. Thus the backsize is not changed.

S.
S. Leys

Postby drpitcairn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:37 am

Thanks so much for your reply. I know you have told me about this before but I guess I just did not understand about the sequence, the hierarchy.
1. Backsize.
2. Windowsize.
I will fix it accordingly.
drpitcairn

Return to Using MPI