Cannot select multiple buttons.

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

Cannot select multiple buttons.

Postby drpitcairn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Often in arranging the layout of a card I will select more than one button and then using the PI, choose "size" and then align the buttons that are selected. My problem is that I run into situations in which I cannot select more than one button. I don't know why. I have to move them one at a time and cannot do any alignment. It might be a difference between card buttons and bg buttons, I am not sure but thought I would post this for advice before struggling on with this.

Thanks,
Richard
drpitcairn

Re: Cannot select multiple buttons.

Postby Anderson » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Background selections and card selections must be dealt with separately.
Anderson.
iMac - Yosemite - SC(4.73)
Anderson

Postby drpitcairn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm

What I described is the inability to choose buttons on the background, not trying to do both cd and bg btns at the same time. I chose "edit background" and the the buttons on the bg I cannot select as a group - only one at a time.
drpitcairn

Postby S. Leys » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:53 pm

rpitcairn wrote:What I described is the inability to choose buttons on the background, not trying to do both cd and bg btns at the same time. I chose "edit background" and the the buttons on the bg I cannot select as a group - only one at a time.

You're probably using the universal tool, the white arrow.
Look at which tool is selected in the tools palette.
Image 1.jpg
Image 1.jpg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 2441 times

When the editbg is false and you type ctrl-tab for switching the tool, if the mouse is over a bg object, MPI will choose the universal tool instead of the pointer tool. This allows editing bg objects without having to switch the edibg (handy if you wish to move a bg object relatively to cd objects). But the universal tool allows selecting only one object at a time.
So, if you switched to bg edition (cmd-B) you need to select the pointer tool which allows selecting several objects at the same time.

S.
S. Leys

Postby drpitcairn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:18 am

S,
That's it! Thank you. When I select the black arrow then I can do it. Will make it much easier to format.
drpitcairn

Return to Using MPI