Is there a way to move userprops between windows?

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

Is there a way to move userprops between windows?

Postby drpitcairn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:39 am

I have split a window out (in a project) so now there are two windows where there was one. Is there a way to move the userprops for the original wd over to the new one? Have tried several things that have not worked so need a hint.

Thanks,
Richard
drpitcairn

Re: Is there a way to move userprops between windows?

Postby S. Leys » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 am

rpitcairn wrote:I have split a window out (in a project) so now there are two windows where there was one. Is there a way to move the userprops for the original wd over to the new one?

Yes.
- open your first window
- open the uprops module, it will show by default the userproperties of the current card (if no object is selected)
- in the "edit" poppup button of the uprops module select "window", it will show the userproperties of the window.
- In the list at the left, select the names of the userprops you want to transfer to your other window (you can select several userprops with cmd or shift click).
- in the "edit" poppup button of the uprops module select "copy"
- open your other window or bring it to front
- in the "edit" poppup button of the uprops module select "window", it will show the userproperties of your other window.
- in the "edit" poppup button of the uprops module select "paste"

This requires that the two windows are of an editable style (i.e. not a dialog or a palette) but you can also edit the userprops of a window (or any other object) using contextclick in the list of the overview module. The object whose userprops are currently edited is shown in the field at the top of the userprops module, verify that it is the correct object before copying or pasting.

Note that this copy/paste, even if similar to the usual copy/paste concept, doesn't use the clipboard. Thus, you can't do cmd-C and cmd-V, you must select the items in the popup.

S.
S. Leys

Re: Is there a way to move userprops between windows?

Postby drpitcairn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Worked great. A Godsend. I went from total confusion to actually almost accomplishing the transition tonight.
drpitcairn

Return to Using MPI