Menu Builder

Experimental projects, hacks, and other exploration of what is possible with SuperCard. Graphic files and .zip archives only.
Forum rules
Help keep this area clean by deleting attachments from existing posts that have been updated, or are no longer relevant.

Menu Builder

Postby witness » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi folks,

I've attached a little test project I've fiddled with that is an alternate approach to MenuMaster. It's far from finished, but maybe the techniques used are of interest to some. It essentially implements a menu editor not unlike the one in Interface Builder, where you see windows that almost look like real menus and edit them by double-clicking item titles or shortcuts.

It is very rough, but is a nice demo of how one can dynamically create buttons and fields and resize draw graphics from a script.

If I was going about this seriously, I would probably try a different approach today, with one scrolling window that just shows the menu bar and menu, not the two-window approach I have here. Maybe a nice graph paper background, too.
Attachments
Menu Builder.sc45.zip
(41.77 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are Everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de
witness

Re: Menu Builder

Postby Dan_Kelleher » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

It's fun just clicking the "+" sign then moving the wd up and down the computer screen rather rapidly. ;)

If what I see happens only on my old slow hardware ---> :oops:
Dan_Kelleher

Postby witness » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:23 am

Dan_Kelleher wrote:It's fun just clicking the "+" sign then moving the wd up and down the computer screen rather rapidly. ;)

No. SuperCard only notifies you of window drags once you release the mouse again. Which is one reason why doing this with a single, opaque windows instead of two for the menu bar and the menu is probably a better idea. You don't have to click "+" either, you can just click any menu title and move the window around.
Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are Everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de
witness

Postby Dan_Kelleher » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks Uli.
-dan
Dan_Kelleher

Return to The Lab