Rotate text with Flipper

Experimental projects, hacks, and other exploration of what is possible with SuperCard. Graphic files and .zip archives only.
Forum rules
Help keep this area clean by deleting attachments from existing posts that have been updated, or are no longer relevant.

Rotate text with Flipper

Postby LorenzT » Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 am

Sample proj with external Flipper from the Xtend external collection.

FlipperTest.sc45.zip
(10.26 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
LorenzT

Re: Rotate text with Flipper

Postby sctell » Tue May 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Here is a rotateText with my own external that works with rtf text fields and colour.

The trouble with all these externals that convert to graphics is that they loose resolution when printed.

If only there was a way to avoid this issue?

rotateText.sc45.zip
(22.6 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
sctell

Postby Dan_Kelleher » Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 pm

I think exporting a portion of the screen containing a large version of the (horizontal) text as you want it to a file and then rotating that image and then scaling-down would give you high resolution for printing.

The issue then would be how you want to rotate the exported image rather than text. I've not used SuperCard for this step.

The export from SuperCard and the scaling-down upon re-import into an appropriately-sized and locked graphic are available.
-Dan
Daniel.Kelleher@umassmed.edu
SC4.7.3 OSX 10.7.2 Mac Pro
Dan_Kelleher

Postby LorenzT » Tue May 17, 2011 10:39 pm

The issue then would be how you want to rotate the exported image rather than text. I've not used SuperCard for this step.

It just came to my mind that there is the App Image Events in Mac OS X that you can use via AppleScript to rotate pictures. Even scaling can be done.
See here for more:
http://www.macosxautomation.com/applesc ... index.html
LorenzT

Return to The Lab