Forum Updates Planned for This Week

Here's where to post questions and suggestions regarding forum use. Requests for new forum topics should be posted here as well.

Forum Updates Planned for This Week

Postby Scott » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Hello All,

This week I will be updating the forum software to the current release. Before that, I will be backing out the mods for the RSS feed as it is no longer being supported. It is my understanding that PHPBB 308 has built in support for feeds so we will see how that goes after I upgrade.

There will be a few interruptions but I'll try to keep that to a minimum. If you have any problems with logins or posts please try deleting any cookies set in your browser with 'forums.supercard.us' in the name. If, after deleting the cookies and relaunching your browser, you still have any issues please let me know.

I am guessing I will need to rework some of the templates as well so things may look a little different for a while but everything other than the old rss feeds should be working.
Scott
Site Admin

Re: Forum Updates Complete

Postby Scott » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:21 pm

The forums update is now complete… I just need to clean up some of the templates and provide a link for the new feed which is:

http://forums.supercard.us/feed.php

You can subscribe to the feed in Safari, Mail, or any other reader that supports ATOM feeds. Note that the Syndication Method displayed in the Board Preferences of your UCP is now superfluous and will be deleted when I get around to cleaning up the rest of the templates.
Scott
Site Admin

Re: Forum Updates Planned for This Week

Postby Anderson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:45 am

Does this mean the (Forums) widget i have on my dashboard is defunct?
Anderson.
iMac - Yosemite - SC(4.73)
Anderson

Postby Scott » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:11 am

I have no way of knowing without more info about the widget.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby Anderson » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 am

I guess Mr. Martin could answer better.
bmartin wrote:Well, here is yet another way to view this forum. I whipped up a Dashboard widget using Apple's DashCode. It simply displays this forum's rss feed. If you like it great if not simply delete it and don't use it. :D

http://www.martinsolution.com/downloads/SuperCardForums.zip

I tried to attach it to this post but it said we can't attach files ending with .zip extension.
Anderson.
iMac - Yosemite - SC(4.73)
Anderson

Re: Forum Updates Complete

Postby johnjohnston1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 pm

supercardus wrote:The forums update is now complete… I just need to clean up some of the templates and provide a link for the new feed which is:

http://forums.supercard.us/feed.php

You can subscribe to the feed in Safari, Mail, or any other reader that supports ATOM feeds.

I posted a simple project to display and link to the latest feeds in the file sample area.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1207
Maybe it should have gone in the 4.7 space?

cheers

John
johnjohnston1

Return to Site News, Questions, and Feedback