Topic Icons

Here's where to post questions and suggestions regarding forum use. Requests for new forum topics should be posted here as well.

Topic Icons

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:03 am

Is there a legend for the Topic Icons at the far left of each topic? Just wondering what the significance of red vs. black icons is (and animated vs. stactic Icons.

Joe
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: Topic Icons

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:00 am

Red means there are new posts since your last visit -- all well-designed forums give registered users some means of quickly discerning which topics/threads have new content. Click on the "Mark forums read" link at the top right of a listing page (just under the "last visit" time-stamp) and the page will re-load with all the icons turned black.

I believe the animation kicks in when a thread exceeds a certain number of posts, ie. to indicate a "hot topic". And I think red asterisks indicate threads in which you've made posts.

There is a "FAQ" link at the top of the forum -- you might check there for further information.
iMac 24" 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.8, SC 4.7.3
Lisa

Re: Topic Icons

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 am

lthompson wrote:There is a "FAQ" link at the top of the forum -- you might check there for further information.

I did check out the FAQ but all it said was this...

What are topic icons?
Topic icons are author chosen images associated with posts to indicate their content. The ability to use topic icons depends on the permissions set by the board administrator.

That's why I asked if there was a legend of some kind.

Thanks for the info.

Joe
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Return to Site News, Questions, and Feedback