Auto Logout?

Here's where to post questions and suggestions regarding forum use. Requests for new forum topics should be posted here as well.

Auto Logout?

Postby bmartin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Well, I have been trying to login or visit the forums first thing in the morning but it seems after you are logged in for some time it auto logs you out. Is this a preference?
Bruce Martin

Mac Os 10.6.3
2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
bmartin

Re: Auto Logout?

Postby Dave_Higgins » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 pm

bmartin wrote:Well, I have been trying to login or visit the forums first thing in the morning but it seems after you are logged in for some time it auto logs you out. Is this a preference?

I haven't seen that yet (I suppose it "could" be related), but I have noticed that the checkbox to keep auto log in:

Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (9.74 KiB) Viewed 6343 times

Doesn't seem to keep hold. At least when I come in from an RSS entry in Mail, using the "Read more..." link.

Anybody else seeing this behavior? Or is it another "just on my system" things? :-)

Scott. We know this is not your fault, but in your travels through the phpBB home base forums, have you come across it? Or maybe keep it in the back pocket sometime when you're in there?
My two favorite teams are Detroit and whoever's playing Chicago.
Dave_Higgins

Postby Scott » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:31 pm

bmartin wrote:it seems after you are logged in for some time it auto logs you out. Is this a preference?

What kind of time frame are you talking about Bruce? I haven't been using the auto-login feature, but I started today and it has so far stuck.

And then, three minutes later...
I just had my message come in via the RSS feed in mail... and it seemed to reset my cookies (clearing out the one for auto login - not deleting it, but deleting its value). I will delete my feed for the time being and see if that is the culprit.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby bmartin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Today, I saw it happen after about 3 hrs. When I come pack to the window and click a link it shows that I am not logged in. So I once again login.
Bruce Martin

Mac Os 10.6.3
2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
bmartin

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:00 am

First thing this morning I find that I am still being auto logged-in; this after having deleted my RSS feed last night.

One thing I am also noticing is that subscribing to a feed automatically logs me out... so I am guessing we have another bug here with the feed resetting cookies. I'll look into it when I have time.

-ss
Scott
Site Admin

Postby bmartin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:17 am

Ok that would explain it, because I thought it worked fine when I first started using the forums, but I later subscribed to an RSS feed.

Hopefully it is an easy fix. I have never used phpbb so I have no clue how complicated it is.
Bruce Martin

Mac Os 10.6.3
2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
bmartin

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:38 am

Hopefully it is an easy fix.

I have serious doubts about that. :cry:
Scott
Site Admin

Postby bmartin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:10 am

It seems it has gotten worst. Although I am subscribed to RSS feeds, I logged in in the morning and in about 30 minutes or so I bring up the forums tab in Safari. When I navigate to another page or the current page, to refresh the contents, I am logged out.

I am monitoring the time frame now and will post an update when I get it narrowed down.
Bruce Martin

Mac Os 10.6.3
2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
bmartin

Postby bmartin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Ok after 1.5 hrs I was logged off. :cry:
Bruce Martin

Mac Os 10.6.3
2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3