notifications

Here's where to post questions and suggestions regarding forum use. Requests for new forum topics should be posted here as well.

notifications

Postby S. Leys » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:37 am

When I get a notification, I click the link and read the new mail.
If I come back later and click "view new posts" in the board index, the mail I've already read via the notification will be in the list. So I'll click again the topic, wait that it comes, scroll down to the bottom to see that I've already read that.
IMHO, theses mails seen via the notification should be removed from the list of new mails.

S.
S. Leys

Re: notifications

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 am

Possibly... but I don't think new actually means unread in this context. There are other indicators for read status. I actually like being able to see all of the new posts even though I might have touched one earlier in a session.

TTBOMK, the only way to immediately remove read messages from the new messages is to log out.
Scott
Site Admin

Re: notifications

Postby JimTheParr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Stephane Leys wrote: So I'll click again the topic, wait that it comes, scroll down to the bottom to see that I've already read that.

I have my settings so that the posts are listed from latest to earliest, so I don't have to scroll to tell if there's one I haven't read.

--Jim
JimTheParr

Return to Site News, Questions, and Feedback