Resource Editor

Here's where to discuss topics that have nothing to do with using SuperCard, but may be of interest to the membership.

Resource Editor

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm copying about 1000 old CDs of files onto a new external drive, deleting the obsolete crud and writing the results out onto new DVDs. I've come across a lot of great stuff that I saved for obvious reasons, but some of it is trapped in obsolete formats.

For instance, I kept a lot of graphics in an obsolete scrapbook app because it allowed me to look at thumbnails of all of them so it was a fast way to find what I wanted (this was before icon preview and Quick Look in OSX). NOw I find that all the graphics data was stored as resources in the resource fork of the files and I wan to get them out.

I know SC can import the resource fork into a project, but I still want to get the files out and on my desktop. (I also want to do this fast. I know I used to be able to export resources en masse with Resedit, but those days are gone.)

Any suggestions?

(PS. Tried ResKnife and Resourcer which don't do what I want, and Rezilla will require me to copy/paste the resources one-at-a-time - Gah!)
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: Resource Editor

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:12 pm

If they are PICT resources, you could import them to a SuperCard project, set the pictureData of a graphic to them and then export the pictureData of that object to a file using the format of your choice.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 am

Some are JPEG and GIF and even animated GIF files.
Joe Koomen
JoeKoomen2011

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:29 am

Problem solved.
Joe Koomen
JoeKoomen2011

Return to Off Topic Lounge