Why not aim for Mac App Store features?

Here's where to discuss topics that have nothing to do with using SuperCard, but may be of interest to the membership.

Why not aim for Mac App Store features?

Postby tetsuo29 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:51 pm

I hope I will end up asking this question in a respectful and productive manner.

As someone who hasn't used SC in awhile but just got a license from the recent MacHeist bundle, I'm curious as to why SC doesn't seem to have tools & guides for submitting SC created apps to the Mac App Store? I did see the note from Scott in another thread about not receiving much interest in developing a tool for this purpose- that also puzzles me as well. I can't help but wonder why more SC devs aren't clamoring for this.

It seems like a distinct possibility that in the not too distant future most Mac users won't even know that they could look for software outside of the Mac App Store. Since SC can only make Mac apps it seems like a huge lost opportunity if it is difficult and mysterious to be able to successfully submit SC apps.

If there was a guide and/or tools for prepping SC apps for Mac App Store submission, it seems like SC could become the next preferred development environment after XCode- especially since SC is so much easier to start developing in than XCode + ObjC/Swift.

So, I'm curious, why isn't there more interest and movement toward the Mac App Store with such a Mac oriented dev tool?

Re: Why not aim for Mac App Store features?

Postby Scott » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:16 am

There are a number of SuperCard authored apps in the app store. PM me if you have an app you want to submit.
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic Lounge