Software from the ark

Here's where to discuss topics that have nothing to do with using SuperCard, but may be of interest to the membership.

Software from the ark

Postby 1nperson0z » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm about to dispose of my 30+ year collection of Mac software, mostly on floppy disks, which was all fantastic at the time but has long outlived the functionality of any hardware that supported it.

Before it goes, I'm seeing if anyone has any interest in this kind of thing. I have way too much to send outside of Australia as a bulk lot, but do have a Silicon Beach SuperCard Language guide and Aldus SuperCard on Floppys (if anyone has something they can run on) that I could send to anyone keen.

I can see it's likely to be destined for recycling and landfill, but brought back some memories going through it all! AfterDark, ATM, MS Basic, Canvas, Swivel 3D, VideoWorks, Director, MS Works, ClarisWorks, that mountain of MS Word v3 disks, terrible memories of floppy swapping... System 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 7 Pro, too much more to list. I can't imagine how much that all cost at the time, something crazy compared to todays app store rates!

Should anyone know of a likely collector in Oz or want some smaller part of this you'll need to let me know.

Ian B
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz i7 8Gb 10.11.3
1nperson0z

Return to Off Topic Lounge