ListMaster

Having trouble using an XCmd or XFcn? Post your questions here.

ListMaster

Postby sctell » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:53 am

Hi,

When using ListMaster and there is only 1 item in the list and you select it all the rows are highlighted.

How do I stop this so only 1 row is highlighted?

Also when the underlying list field is empty the field displays white rather than with the dividing lines and colours.

How do I avoid this?

Thanks

Terry
sctell

Re: ListMaster

Postby codegreen » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 pm

sctell wrote:When using ListMaster and there is only 1 item in the list and you select it all the rows are highlighted.

How do I stop this so only 1 row is highlighted?

I'm not seeing that here -- could you send me a sample?

Also when the underlying list field is empty the field displays white rather than with the dividing lines and colours.

How do I avoid this?

ListMaster is essentially an LDEF wrapped in an XRtn, which means if the list is empty then it never gets called by the List Manager (and thus it can't possibly draw anything).

-Mark
codegreen

Postby sctell » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:07 pm

codegreen wrote:I'm not seeing that here -- could you send me a sample?

Just sent.

Terry
sctell

Postby sctell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 am

Another question please concerning ListMaster.

I have noted an invert command which seems to suggest inverted text colour of a selected row.

However, this only seems to work with a black selection colour when the text turns white.

If you use for example a dark blue colour or a clut with the OS X table colour the text remains black when selected.

Is this a limitation of the external or a bug or is there a command that also changes the text colour of a selected row?

Thanks

Terry
sctell

Postby codegreen » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 pm

sctell wrote:Another question please concerning ListMaster.

I have noted an invert command which seems to suggest inverted text colour of a selected row.

However, this only seems to work with a black selection colour when the text turns white.

If you use for example a dark blue colour or a clut with the OS X table colour the text remains black when selected.

Is this a limitation of the external or a bug or is there a command that also changes the text colour of a selected row

Uh, yeah... IIRC that kinda went away when we started using Quartz text rendering.

You see traditionally an LDEF worked by drawing a cell in response to a draw message, and hiliting it (typically by calling InvertRect) in response to a hilite message. When drawing with antialiased text though, this produces a result which looks like crap because the antialiased pixels turn into a foggy halo around the glyphs. Instead an LDEF has to draw the full cell in response to both hilite and draw messages, erasing the cell background in the hilite color first if responding to a hilite msg. Since InvertRect is never called during this process, fiddling the QD hilite mode (which is what that option did) makes no difference. I think it might still affect cells with images in them but I'd have to try it to be sure.

-Mark
codegreen

Postby codegreen » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:11 pm

sctell wrote:Just sent.

Okay that's definitely a bug, and you've now confirmed the fix. I'll post an LM update to the files section in a bit...

-Mark
codegreen

Return to Using Externals