ImageAlpha Xfcn

Having trouble using an XCmd or XFcn? Post your questions here.

ImageAlpha Xfcn

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 am

Does anyone know if onetriadrr still hangs out on this board? (I think his name is Dave, but he signs all his messages 'DSC'.)

I have a few projects on my drive that use the ImageAlpha Xfcn that no longer work and I was just wondering if he has updated it.

Thanks

Joe
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: ImageAlpha Xfcn

Postby Scott » Thu May 07, 2015 10:37 am

Currently his user name is gonetriadrr, and he last checked in around the end of April.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks Scott.

I did a little bit more research and discovered that Chilton Webb created the X, and DSC was just using it in some cool demo projects that served as my inspiration.

Just saving projects in a folder and not documenting the where froms, and whos, has started to come back and bite me in the butt. I used to know who all these signatures belonged to and now I'm embarrassed to say that it's all pretty vague.
Joe Koomen
JoeKoomen2011

Postby gonetriadrr » Tue May 12, 2015 10:01 am

JoeKoomen2011 wrote:Thanks Scott.

I did a little bit more research and discovered that Chilton Webb created the X, and DSC was just using it in some cool demo projects that served as my inspiration.

Just saving projects in a folder and not documenting the where froms, and whos, has started to come back and bite me in the butt. I used to know who all these signatures belonged to and now I'm embarrassed to say that it's all pretty vague.

Indeed, Chilton took some supertalk i supplied and made an external of it.
I posted a perl version for use with shell() some time ago, but slower than the X.
Terry H. may have something similar.

DCS

PS:
Just occurred to me, but isn't there now a built in transparency operator that does same.
gonetriadrr

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

My desire to see an updated X came from the discovery that I had a dozen projects from various sources that use it, and I had no idea what it did. I've been trying to do some slightly more elaborate interface work and so have been going through old folders looking at projects with promising names.

Unfortunately, many of them are just projects with an X in the resource fork and a single button that says Demo, I can't suss out the purpose without working Xfcn/Xcmd.

Thanks for responding though.

Joe
Joe Koomen
JoeKoomen2011

Postby gonetriadrr » Wed May 13, 2015 8:15 am

IIRC, that X simply scaled the alpha bytes of a pictdata export destructively.

DCS
gonetriadrr

Return to Using Externals