Listmaster limit

Having trouble using an XCmd or XFcn? Post your questions here.

Listmaster limit

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:52 am

I am using Listmaster to display overviews of the data in my project. I am collecting data from 7 fields and displaying it in the Listmaster field, but for some reason it isn't displaying properly. I am using LM in 4 other locations in the project with no problems, so I'm wondering if LM has a data limit.

The data amounts to about 42k in 7 columns (2 hidden for sorting purposes). LM is obviously working, but as you can see in the screen capture, the data screws up right after the first line. (You might need to open the image in a new tab to see it all.)

The word Analog at the end of the first line should not have the "…" since the next two columns are hidden. The first column uses a font that displays stars instead of regular characters, which is handled by LM. By the second line data is showing from the middle sod the dataset. When I dump LM, the data in the field looks like it should and it seems to be formatted correctly, using tabs and returns for delimiters (I double checked in BBEdit looking at the invisible characters, but I might have missed something).

Any ideas?

Joe
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: Listmaster limit

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:43 am

Found my own answer. :oops: I just reread the syntax guide for Listmaster and see that the limit for text is 32k and I'm pretty sure I'm over that. I guess I'll need to look into another solution or split the data up into more fields.

Joe
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Postby sctell » Thu May 28, 2015 10:35 pm

JoeKoomen2011 wrote:Found my own answer. I just reread the syntax guide for Listmaster and see that the limit for text is 32k and I'm pretty sure I'm over that. I guess I'll need to look into another solution or split the data up into more fields.

You are not always limited to 32K. If you have "ListMaster Samples" stack and look in the section "Direct Array Lists" it demonstrates how to overcome the 32K limit using the Array XFCN.

If you do not have this stack then make contact and I will send it over.

All the best

Terry
sctell

Postby sctell » Thu May 28, 2015 11:13 pm

sctell wrote:If you do not have this stack then make contact and I will send it over.

Here is a link anyway(for others who may need it):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98788898/ListMaster.zip

The file contains.

LM Editor
ListMaster Samples stack
ListMaster.bundle

I will leave it there for a while, perhaps not indefinitely but a while.

All the best

Terry
sctell

Return to Using Externals