How to use this enum...

External developers... This forum's for you!

How to use this enum...

Postby Dave_Higgins » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:24 am

Digging through the IT headers I find something interesting, but I can't find any other reference to it...
Code: Select all
enum eFieldType {
   eUnknownType = 0,
   eTextOnlyField,
   eAllowObjectsField
};

I get the impression that they are used as constants for a function param or something of the like... maybe a comparison in and if/then..., but I can't find anything that uses "eFieldType", or any of the 3 listed (a spotlight search only reveals the IT.h files).

Maybe something like this (and it's neighbors) is just used internally, but exposed in the header file?
My two favorite teams are Detroit and whoever's playing Chicago.
Dave_Higgins

Re: How to use this enum...

Postby codegreen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Dave Higgins wrote:Digging through the IT headers I find something interesting, but I can't find any other reference to it...
Code: Select all
enum eFieldType {
   eUnknownType = 0,
   eTextOnlyField,
   eAllowObjectsField
};

I get the impression that they are used as constants for a function param or something of the like... maybe a comparison in and if/then..., but I can't find anything that uses "eFieldType", or any of the 3 listed (a spotlight search only reveals the IT.h files).

Maybe something like this (and it's neighbors) is just used internally, but exposed in the header file?

SC attaches a custom property to field WERecs (with the signature kWESigRUNX, weTagFieldType) that holds a value from this enum to indicate whether the WERec refers to an allowObjects field or not.

HTH,
-Mark
codegreen

Postby Dave_Higgins » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 pm

mark wrote:SC attaches a custom property to field WERecs (with the signature kWESigRUNX, weTagFieldType) that holds a value from this enum to indicate whether the WERec refers to an allowObjects field or not.

I see. OK. I was just wondering if it might could have led towards a function internal to an external (huh?) that could report a field's allowObjects setting, without doing an evalExpr(). No biggie.

Ahhhh... I do see it as a part of "ObjectInfo" struct, along with all kinds of other goodies, so I guess that would be the way to go.

unsigned short allowObjects : 1; // valid for fields only; allowObjects field property

Ummm... What's that extra ": 1" mean? Do I need to code around it?
My two favorite teams are Detroit and whoever's playing Chicago.
Dave_Higgins

Postby codegreen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Dave Higgins wrote:Ummm... What's that extra ": 1" mean?

It means they're bit fields.

Do I need to code around it?

No.

-Mark
codegreen

Return to Xcode and the Internals Toolbox