ListMaster convert to universal

External developers... This forum's for you!

ListMaster convert to universal

Postby mrBean » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:48 am

has any body made listmaster by Chilton Webb into a universal bundle. or dose any body know how to convert it.
mrBean

Re: ListMaster convert to universal

Postby codegreen » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:34 pm

mrBeam wrote:has any body made listmaster by Chilton Webb into a universal bundle. or dose any body know how to convert it.

ListMaster wasn't written by Chilton, it was written by me; I believe he's added a few things to it, though he never bothered to send me the updated source as promised. There's a universal build of the original (minus a few bells and whistles I never found time to port) in the Resource Manager utility of the RTE...

-Mark
codegreen

Postby mrBean » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Sorry for the mix up.

list master is one of the best externals out there. I'm surprised that it hasn't been made into a feature in superCard.
mrBean

Postby codegreen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:19 am

mrBeam wrote:Sorry for the mix up.

list master is one of the best externals out there. I'm surprised that it hasn't been made into a feature in superCard.

Scott always said it was too much of a hack and the syntax was too gnarly, and so I'd need to come up with a graphical wrapper for it first (which would be a major undertaking). Anyway it's based on obsolete APIs we're hoping to ditch soon (unfortunately the official Carbon replacement for the List Manager -- which was called the Data Browser -- that we once had hoped to transition to was a major clusterĵ@% and never really worked properly, and has since been killed off).

But thanks... ;-)

-Mark
codegreen

Postby Dave_Higgins » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:47 am

mark wrote:(unfortunately the official Carbon replacement for the List Manager -- which was called the Data Browser -- that we once had hoped to transition to was a major clusterĵ@% and never really worked properly, and has since been killed off).

Good thing you don't have that AND answerProgram() under the same hood. We might have lost you to the looney bin. :twisted:
My two favorite teams are Detroit and whoever's playing Chicago.
Dave_Higgins

Postby mrBean » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:37 pm

I’m sorry to ask this of you mark, but could you add the “iApp theme” back, and add back the support for icns icons. I pretty much got everything I was looking to do done, but I like to get though’s tweaks in. I have included a screen shot of what I’m working on; I think it pretty cool.

mrBean

Postby codegreen » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 pm

mrBeam wrote:I’m sorry to ask this of you mark, but could you add the “iApp theme” back, and add back the support for icns icons.

The version in Resource Manager does support icns resources. I don't know what the 'iApp theme' is; was that something Chilton added?

-Mark
codegreen

Postby mrBean » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 pm

mark wrote:I don't know what the 'iApp theme' is; was that something Chilton added?

The version that i was using previously must have been Chilton's altered version, that's probably why i thought listMaster was his external. 'iApp theme' sets the greenBar and hilite colors to osx standard colors; it was a colSpecs option. this version also supported icns resource; which is a great option to have, because icns icons are easy to make. Plus if you wanted the display the files and folders of any directory, you could list the content with there icons right next to them.

The reason i was asking was, i was hoping by some miracle that you might be willing to add support for them back into listMaster.

PS. thanks again, because of listMaster i can finish my project the way i intended.
mrBean

Return to Xcode and the Internals Toolbox