bundles

External developers... This forum's for you!

bundles

Postby sctell » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:07 pm

I have noticed in Lion that all my .bundle files do not have the default icon anymore.

Is this correct?

All the best

Terry
sctell

Re: bundles

Postby Dave_Higgins » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:15 am

Doing a Spotlight search (you have to set "System files -- are included"), I find that it's about half and half of which ".bundle" files have a bundle icon and which ones don't. It seems to be if the bundle is seen as a directory or not... A couple of random files/bundles from the list returns (using file /path/to/bundle):

Code: Select all
% file /System/Library/CoreServices/powerd.bundle
/System/Library/CoreServices/powerd.bundle: directory

% file /System/Library/...<snip>.../POSIX.bundle
/System/Library/...<snip>.../POSIX.bundle: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
/System/Library/...<snip>.../POSIX.bundle (for architecture x86_64):   Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64
/System/Library/...<snip>.../POSIX.bundle (for architecture i386):   Mach-O bundle i386

This seems to be consistent all down the list... First type (directory) has generic icon, second type (Mach-O) has the bundle icon.
My two favorite teams are Detroit and whoever's playing Chicago.
Dave_Higgins

Re: bundles

Postby sctell » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:09 am

Hi,

Did a search and some do have icons.

I did not check them all but it seems the ones with icons are not packages because show package contents does not show when you right click on the icon.

Again, a sampling of those without icons does have show package contents in the menu.

Not sure why yet?

All the best

Terry
sctell

Return to Xcode and the Internals Toolbox