MPI 4.3.3

Here's where to discuss using Stéphane Leys' very well done alternative runtime editor. If you're a control freak at runtime you have to check this out!

MPI 4.3.3

Postby S. Leys » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:23 am

I have posted MPI 4.3.3 at the usual address : http://modulopi.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Some progress in the Paint pict module.

- The selection tools are working. Including an innovation, the "one click lasso" allows selecting with a single click a contiguous area where the color is not the eraser color instead of having to surround it with the classical lasso.
- A new implementation of the stipples allowing much better antialiasing, including antialiasing brushes. Unfortunately, there is a conflict that I couldn't solve between antialiasing and the brushes with the blend option (antialiasing requires blending). Thus, when this option is set, the brushes are not antialiased.
- More accurate lines width. Lines may have stipples too. They may also have round or square ends and they can be forced to horizontal or vertical with the shift key.
- Another way of implementing the mouse tracking which dramatically reduces the CPU usage and makes the tools more responsive when dragging quickly.
- I've implemented some alpha options for the tools and the selection. With the tools, the difference is visible only when setting the ink of the graphic to alpha (and when painting with colors whose alpha<1, of course). With the selection, when setting the option to "set alpha of the tool", the alpha of the selection will be preserved instead of being blended with the alpha of the area where moving it, only the color will be blended.
- Implemented cmd-D for duplicating the selection.
- Large graphics. Last but not least, when the size of the picture exceeds the capacity of the video card, OpenGL is supposed to fall back to the software renderer. The problem is that this renderer is not only slower, it also has some ... well, let's say idiosynchrasies (it never crashed me though). After many tests I finally succeeded to get it working at a reasonable speed. It's not as fast as the hardware renderer but at least allows painting larger graphics.

There are two new features in the icns maker :
- it is aware of the opcolor of the grc you drop and is using it for calculating the masks (you don't need to set its ink to transparent).
- contextclick in the icon allows choosing the way a small graphic is enlarged for building larger components of the icns, either direct or by step which leads to more antialiasing.

In the PI, in the bevel and roundrect buttons cards, there is a new little blue button. For bevels, it is enabled only if the button has an icon. Clicking this button will build from the selected button a graphic with the same visual behavior as the button.
There are some advantages in these graphic "buttons" :
- They may be copied to another project without having to copy the icon resource.
- It will also avoid possible conflicts when having different icons with the same ID in different projects (it was initially done for this reason).
- Those built from a roundrect button may be used on top of a picture without the white rectangle the real button has around.

Fixed a bug in the uprops module.
Fixed some bugs in the IP when converting cicn to icns.

S.
S. Leys

Re: MPI 4.3.3

Postby JimTheParr » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:08 pm

For some reason, each new Install MPI wants to open in SuperEdit instead of SuperCard. I can open it in SuperCard, but it takes one extra step. Any fix for that?

Thanks much for all your work.                               --Jim
JimTheParr

Postby S. Leys » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:45 pm

JimTParr wrote:For some reason, each new Install MPI wants to open in SuperEdit instead of SuperCard. I can open it in SuperCard, but it takes one extra step. Any fix for that?

Hi Jim,

Are you talking about the installer or MPI itself ?
Could you tell me exactly what you're doing :
- Did you set MPI as the default editor, with or without the RTE ?
- how do you open SC ? Are you opening the application first or double-clicking the installer or MPI in the Finder ?

Any info may help.

TIA.

S.
S. Leys

Postby JimTheParr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:56 am

Hi Jim,

Are you talking about the installer or MPI itself ?

The installer.

Could you tell me exactly what you're doing :
- Did you set MPI as the default editor, with or without the RTE ?
Yes
- how do you open SC ? Are you opening the application first or double-clicking the installer or MPI in the Finder ?

I double-click the installer and let it open the app. For some reason, it chooses SuperEdit.

Thanks.                              --Jim
JimTheParr

Postby S. Leys » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:21 am

JimTParr wrote: I double-click the installer and let it open the app. For some reason, it chooses SuperEdit.

For SOME reason ! that's the problem ! I would be glad to know WHICH reason ;)
Unfortunately, I've no idea about that.

In the meantime, the best is to D&D the installer to the SC icon in the Finder or in the dock or context-click it and choose SC in the "open with" submenu.
I guess that it's what you're doing already but I don't have a better solution at the time being.

Perhaps you could also try to open the info box of an SC project and tell the Finder to open all the documents of this type with SC.

Could you do a test ?
Rename the project as "install MPI.sc45" and tell me if it opens in SC when double-clicked. Here it does in both cases, with or without the extension. If it works for you, I'll add the extension in the next update.

S.
S. Leys

Postby JimTheParr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Rename the project as "install MPI.sc45" and tell me if it opens in SC when double-clicked. Here it does in both cases, with or without the extension. If it works for you, I'll add the extension in the next update.

That worked just fine. Thanks.                              --Jim
JimTheParr

Postby S. Leys » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 pm

JimTParr wrote:That worked just fine.

Ok, I'll rename it.

Thanks for the test.

S.
S. Leys

Postby mrBean » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 pm

why did you take away the option to use runtime editor's contextual menu over mpi? i find it to be a really helpful feature to have.
mrBean

Postby S. Leys » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:31 pm

mrBeam wrote:why did you take away the option to use runtime editor's contextual menu over mpi? i find it to be a really helpful feature to have.

Well, yes, it seems that I did it. I didn't remember, I even less remember why. I must have met some technical problem. I'll see what I can do.

S.
S. Leys

Postby mrBean » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:59 pm

thanks
mrBean

Postby JimTheParr » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:44 pm

I finally got around to installing MPI 4.3.3 on SC 4.7. There's a template window called LogWd. What's that for?

(I had to do the Captcha several times to get in.)

Thanks.                              --Jim
JimTheParr

Postby sandrobilbeisi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:07 am

Hello Stephane

the download form does not work
sandrobilbeisi

Return to Using MPI