Xtend beta 21 errors

Having trouble using an XCmd or XFcn? Post your questions here.

Xtend beta 21 errors

Postby JoeKoomen2011 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:35 pm

When I try to use Xtend to install externals into a project, i get the following error.

SuperTalk Error Number 15:
Expected boolean but found something else.
Joe Koomen
>> Random! ...Damn near killed 'em! <<
JoeKoomen2011

Re: Xtend beta 21 errors

Postby cartoonMike » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:05 pm

FWIW, I'm getting the same error no matter what file (shared or unopened/opened project file) I try to install it into.
cartoonMike

Postby codegreen » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:48 pm

D-OH! I think what happened here is that Scott replaced the 'internal' version of the FileBusy XFcn (called x_FileBusy) with the recently updated version that uses the new scheme for converting file paths to FSRefs (without using the problematic CFURL API) without realizing they were from two different generations of the external and in the new one the format of the returned value is different...

If you open up the Xtend help project from b21 in SE (hold down Cmd & Option when dropping it onto SE) and edit the script of the Install btn on bg 1 of wd 1 as follows, I think it should fix the problem:

Code: Select all
--if line 2 of x_fileBusy(tdest) then
if last word of item 1 of x_fileBusy(tdest) is "true" then

BTW it appears that this updated version of FileBusy is also documented incorrectly -- there's no standalone first line containing just "true" when it succeeds. I don't know where that came from...

HTH,
-Mark
codegreen

Postby cartoonMike » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:53 pm

It works! Thanks!
cartoonMike

Return to Using Externals